2017 Alarm CIPFA Risk Management Benchmarking: providing governance, assurance and performance
A verified tool for organisations to measure, compare, review and improve risk management performance. Since introducing benchmarking, risk management standards across the public sector have improved despite periods of unprecedented change¹. ¹The risk success story: improving performance in risk management
- Assess your organisation against a recognised national standard with demonstrable results.
- Identify the risks that similar organisations are including in their strategic risk registers and the resources they allocate to risk management.
- Track changes in performance over time: identify strengths and areas for concern, helping you to become more efficient and manage your resources more effectively.
- Access all the information required for the risk management part of your annual governance statement.
- Provide evidence of assurance to audit committees and senior management.
- Compare your performance with a range of similar organisations and identify how the most successful organisations are facilitating risk management.
- Inform your annual risk management plans.
- Share best practice and learn from fellow risk professionals.
- Easily integrate the exercise within daily working practices and receive an automatically populated action plan as you complete the exercise.
- Straightforward questions that test your organisation’s maturity, set by fellow risk professionals.
- Clear and simple reports now available online, allowing you to share the results more easily.
- No additional software or skills required: the exercise is completed using Microsoft Excel.
About Risk Management Benchmarking
Risk Management Benchmarking is the result of collaboration between Alarm and CIPFA, and based on Alarm’s National performance model for risk management in public services (2009). Benchmarking focuses on seven strands of risk management activity:
- Leadership and management
- Strategy and policy
- Partnership, shared risks and resources
- Processes and tools
- Risk handling and assurance
- Outcomes and delivery.
2017 Benchmarking schedule:
Questionnaire distributed to participants July 2017
Data to be returned to CIPFA September 2017
CIPFA draft reports available September 2017
CIPFA final reports sent to participants November 2017
Risk Management Benchmarking is open to all organisations who provide services to, or support our communities and citizens via an annual fee dependent on the size of the organisation. Alarm Members receive an exclusive discount on the 2017 fees:
1 - 1,000 employees £350 +VAT (non-member £375 +VAT*)
1,001 - 10,000+ employees £700 +VAT (non-member £750 +VAT*)
The fee includes clear and simple data collection, a telephone helpline and email service, detailed comparative reports and interactive tools, online access to all outputs and a place at review meetings. *The non-member fee is reflective of CIPFA’s individual benchmarking club charges.
Join 2017 Benchmarking
To subscribe to the 2017 Risk Management Benchmarking service, complete and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 June 2017.