2018 Alarm CIPFA Risk Management Benchmarking
Providing governance, assurance and performance
Based on Alarm’s National performance model for risk management in public services (2009), Benchmarking focuses on seven strands of risk management activity:
- Leadership and management
- Strategy and policy
- Partnership, shared risks and resources
- Processes and tools
- Risk handling and assurance
- Outcomes and delivery.
How does it work?
Risk management is graded on a five-point scale from Level 1 (Basic awareness) to Level 5 (Driving) where risk management is fully embedded into the organisation and influencing how it is managed and decisions made.
CIPFA issues a report to Club Members showing how Members' assessments compare.
What are the benefits?
- Assess your organisation against a national standard.
- Compare performance with similar organisations.
- Track changes in performance over time.
- Identify risks that similar organisations are including in their strategic risk registers.
- Provide evidence of assurance to audit committees and senior management.
- Identify how successful organisations facilitate risk management.
- Inform annual risk management plans.
- Share best practice and learn from fellow risk professionals.
- Receive an automatically populated action plan as you complete the exercise.
- Clear and simple reports available online.
What is the deadline?
|Deadline to return application form
||Friday 29 June 2018
|Questionnaire distributed to participants
||Friday 27 July 2018
|Data to be returned to CIPFA
||Friday 7 September 2018
|CIPFA draft reports available
||Friday 12 October 2018
|CIPFA final reports sent to participants
||Friday 9 November 2018
How much does it cost?
|Size of organisation
||Alarm Member fee
|1 - 1,000 employees
The fee includes clear and simple data collection, a telephone helpline and email service, detailed comparative reports and interactive tools, online access to all outputs and a place at review meetings?
How do I join?
Download the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 June 2018.