That professionals with the responsibility for the management of risk are trained, supported, and recognised for the excellent work that they do.
To become recognised as the ‘must join’ professional network providing thought leadership, research, standard setting, education and lobbying in the management of risk.
Key strategic objectives
- To develop and establish best practice for those managing risk
- To represent the interests of risk professionals
- To promote excellence in the use of risk management.
Membership of Alarm
Alarm is the only organisation dedicated to supporting Members (risk professionals) from:
- Local authorities: metropolitan, county, district, unitary
- First responders: police, fire and rescue, ambulance services
- Housing: registered providers (housing associations), ALMOs, local authorities
- Education sector: universities, colleges
- The Government
- Companies commissioned to provide services to communities and citizens.
Alarm supports risk professionals from these organisations by:
- Providing training opportunities to all professionals managing risk
- Setting the standard for competencies within risk management
- Setting the standard for excellence in risk management performance
- Providing the best support network for risk professionals
- Providing access to top quality guidance on risk issues
- Representing Members’ interests in industry consultations
- Keeping Members informed on current topical issues and developments.
View the Alarm membership types and fees.
View the interview with previous Company Secretary and current Alarm Chairman, Peter Andrews and The Business Reporter to hear how Alarm are supporting risk professionals in these challenging times.
Alarm communications and marketing strategy
The communications and marketing strategy is guided by the Board’s strategic vision for Alarm, while incorporating the views expressed by membership surveys. It accepts there is a synergy between Alarm’s marketing activity, focused primarily on increasing income to support Alarm’s activities; and communications activities, which focus on disseminating key messages about Alarm and the management of risk in general. View the Alarm communications and marketing strategy summary.