Alarm jobs board
Location: Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters
Salary/grade: £34,538 - £38,237
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 30 November 2017
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is seeking to recruit a highly motivated professional with recent experience of the application of risk management (including insurance tendering) and business continuity management.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Risk and Assurance Manager for the efficient promotion and application of corporate risk management; ensuring that its principles are embedded throughout the service and that effective advice is provided to all internal and external stakeholders.
It is an essential requirement for the post-holder to hold or be actively working towards a level 6 risk management or business continuity qualification.
The benefits of the post include flexible working hours, a minimum of 26 days’ holiday and a range of other excellent benefits you would expect from a leading employer.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted in place of application forms.
To apply for this role, please visit the Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service website.
Insurance and Risk Officer
Location: Harlow Council Civic Centre
Salary/grade: £30,445 - £31,787 per annum, 12
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 17 November 2017
A self-motivated individual is required to join Harlow Council's small insurance team in the role of Insurance and Risk Officer.
You will be responsible for maintaining the Council's insurance policies, insurance records and taking responsibility for the full claims handling process. In addition, you will provide support for implementation of the management of advise and support to services.
You will have a good knowledge of statutory obligations, insurance policies, wordings and claims handling, working knowledge of insurance legislation and be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to risk management.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Support implementation of the Council's insurance strategy.
- Provide risk management advise and support to services.
- Ensure insurance programme is maintained to minimise the Council's exposure to financial loss and liability.
- Provide advice and support on insurance related matters.
- Support development and implementation of modern and cost effective insurance claims handling procedures and methodologies and ensure compliance.
- Assist with management of the Council's internal insurance fund.
- Manage staff in the insurance team.
- Maintain and monitor insurance information and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing effective external relationships with the Council's insurers, actuaries, solicitors, brokers and other Councils as appropriate.
- Collect, analyse, interpret and report on financial information and relevant performance indicators.
You will need to be available to work or attend meetings outside of normal working hours.
A driving licence and access to a car or other satisfactory means of transport is required for this post.
If you would like an information discussion about the role, please contact Stuart Moseley, Insurance and Risk Manager on 01279 446215.
To apply for this role, please visit the Harlow Council website.
Completed applications must be submitted by Friday 17 November 2017.
Interested in advertising a job vacancy?
Prices start from just £125 +VAT. Find out more about advertising your risk or insurance related job vacancy.