Alarm jobs board
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours: Full time - 12 month fixed term contract
Closing date: Tuesday 24 April 2018
Location: Head Office, Coventry
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assurance Manager, based at their Head Office in Coventry.
This is a full time, 12 month fixed term contract and the successful candidate will receive £40,000 per annum.
Supporting the Company Secretary, the Assurance Manager will lead on the continued development and cultural embedding of an effective risk, control and assurance framework, from operational to board level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Take the lead for the corporate risk register (CRR), board assurance framework (BAF), watching brief and the governance team risk register
- To develop embedding of risk management within the culture of ECCT, assisting managers in maintaining departmental and location risk registers
- To support the Company Secretary in continued development of a regulatory compliance assurance framework
- Review and quality assure the results of the quarterly manager assurance statement process, reporting results and identifying themes
- Oversee the operational day-to-day management of insurance activities including liaison with insurance brokers, reporting of claims, providing day-to-day guidance to colleagues and supporting the renewal process
- Provide project assurance support for key projects
- Support development of ECCT’s business continuity planning processes and updating and rolling out the necessary information and guidance
- Oversee the ad-hoc incident reporting process, including reporting of incidents, triangulating data and identifying themes to ensure lessons are learned
- Prepare, on behalf of the Company Secretary, routine and ad-hoc reports for executive leadership team and board (including committees).
Skills and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of risk management, compliance and auditing
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sets high personal standards with good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think in a logical manner, identify root causes of problems and make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Ability to work autonomously, take responsibility for own actions and make decisions with minimal direction
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Ability work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to confidently articulate issues to internal staff and external stakeholders both in writing and verbally
- Ability to influence others positively to achieve common goals
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
ExtraCare is a registered charity, established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Their vision is better lives for older people and their mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver their vision and mission ExtraCare essentially do three things:
Develop new villages, operate villages and schemes and support villages, schemes and their ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research.
Each village or scheme has five to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Charity shops help fund care and wellbeing services for older people living at each of their locations.
This Assurance Manager post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
To apply for this job, email your CV to Sarah Burrows.
Insurance and Risk Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
Closing date: Monday 7 May 2018
Managing a small, busy team you will organise and prioritise work, taking account of changing pressures, respond quickly to urgent issues and communicate effectively, providing advice and expertise to a range of stakeholders.
You will have:
- The confidence to manage complex, sensitive and significant insurance claims from the public, other organisations, employees and the resilience to apply the council’s policies in a fair and reasonable manner.
- The ability to evaluate the most cost-effective options for insurance including the procurement of insurers and management of the relationship with insurers and brokers.
- An in-depth working knowledge of insurance together with an up-to-date understanding of current industry issues.
- Extensive experience within the insurance sector or working for a local authority or other public sector organisation.
- An insurance or related financial qualification is desirable but relevant experience, aptitude and a successful track record are more important.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jim Wright, Chief Financial Services Manager on 01482 394201.
To apply for this job, visit East Riding and Yorkshire Council's job page.
Interested in advertising a job vacancy?
Prices start from just £125 +VAT. Find out more about advertising your risk or insurance related job vacancy.